Can you imagine the perfect toned body with a saggy belly? Of course not. The abdomen is a zone that should be worked out daily, unlike other muscles. It is most convenient to master the set of exercises at home on the rug at the right time for you.
Many with the formation of fat on the sides notice a deterioration in health. The reason lies in obesity, it contributes to an increase in: blood pressure, insulin levels, glucose, cholesterol. Improper nutrition combined with a passive lifestyle lead to diabetes and heart disease. Metabolic disorders do not go unnoticed in women and men. A healthy person always has a toned tummy, with a clearly defined waist.
To benefit from exercises for the waist and abdomen, follow 2 recommendations on the way to losing weight:
- Focus on the end result.
- Enjoy every workout.
Exercise at home
Try to learn how to feel the muscles of the abdomen and waist during a workout for weight loss. Entering the weight loss mode, complicate the workout: increase the number of exercises and approaches. If you want to have a flat stomach and a slim waist, follow the main rule of training - keep your stomach pulled in during each exercise. Prepare a soft mat, comfortable clothes - let's start training at home.
The purpose of the warm-up is to prepare the muscles for the upcoming load, and to prevent the appearance of stretch marks. Be sure to start your workout for weight loss with jumping, climbing on a step platform, dancing. They are necessary to maintain the functioning of the heart and other organs. Stretch your obliques:
- Perform torso tilts in different directions with outstretched arms as low as possible. The spine should warm up slowly.
- Fix the pelvis in one position, turn the upper body in different directions.
- Rotate your pelvis and body without taking your feet off the floor.
Basic exercises for the waist and abdomen will make the oblique muscles stronger, forming a line of the press. Perform correctly 3 types of twists with repetitions of 20 times in 3 sets:
- Straight: Lie on the mat with your knees bent, hands behind your head, elbows apart. At a moderate pace, lift only the shoulder blades off the floor.
- Reverse: Lying on your back, lift your pelvis and lower body. To effectively work out the lower part of the press, do the lifts as slowly as possible.
- Diagonal: in the prone position, stretch alternately in different directions, tearing off the shoulder blades. Put your hands along the body, knees bent.
The following exercises are aimed at strengthening the muscles and working out the press.
- Lie on your back, palms extended along the body as close as possible to the floor. Raise your legs slowly. Beginners with the goal of losing weight can bend their knees in this exercise if it is difficult to perform. It is more effective to keep them even - to increase the physical load on the muscles of the press, buttocks and thighs.
- Lie on your back on the mat, spread your arms out to the sides. Begin the exercise by lifting your legs at a 90 degree angle. Lower each leg in turn, without touching the floor, keep the other leg horizontal to the surface. While lifting your legs, try to touch the floor with your palms.
- Lying on your back, spread your arms to the sides. Raise your right leg at an even angle, and keep your left leg horizontal, not touching the floor. Perform cross crossing of the legs alternately.
This exercise is basic for the sides, on the way to losing weight. The static movement forms the press, has a general strengthening effect. You should start doing the plank for weight loss from 30 seconds. Remember: the longer you hold it, the faster you can enjoy a sports belly and the absence of overhanging sides. Complicated plank technique:
- Lying on the right side, lean on the right - the original hand, the hand should be directed along the axis with the shoulders.
- Close your legs together, keep them horizontal on the mat, toes pointing forward.
- Perform the exercise on the exhale: raise your left hand, do not bend the original arm, keep the body and pelvis in balance.
- Hold in the described position for the maximum time.
- After resting for one minute, do the exercise on the left side.
- If it’s hard for you to raise your arms, then keep them alternately bent at the elbows - a lightweight version of the side plank.
Slim Waist Exercises
Perform a weight loss exercise in the middle of a workout - to eliminate tension in the muscles of the sides and the appearance of a beautiful posture. Stand up straight, put your hands on the back of your head. Perform alternate lateral tilts of the body at the maximum tension in the abdomen. For the second exercise, lie on the floor, take your hands behind the top of your head. Perform the exercise as you exhale: pull your left leg towards you, help with your hands.
A rather complicated weight loss technique will help strengthen the muscles of the spine and sides at the same time. To do this, take a starting position lying on the floor, put your hands behind your head. The essence of the exercise is to linger for the maximum time, tearing off the torso and straight legs from the floor. During training, breathe evenly, if you experience pain in the neck, stop doing the exercise.
Professional trainers include this exercise in a comprehensive workout to eliminate the sides. Perform the exercise, having previously familiarized yourself with the execution technique.
Lie on the floor, straighten your back, place your arms along the body, legs bent at the knees. Breathe slowly for a few minutes. As you exhale, tighten your abdominal muscles: try to pull it in with maximum effort. If you feel that the stomach is on the same level with the back, then you have mastered the technique correctly. Hold for 15 seconds, after a short break, do the second part of the exercise: after pulling in the stomach, try to sharply "push" it up. Start doing the exercise with 5 times, increasing the number gradually.
Post workout stretch
The following exercises will help to relax and relieve tension from the muscles of the sides in a position convenient for each.
- Lying on your stomach: on outstretched arms, rest your palms on the floor, turn your fingers forward. Tighten your gluteal muscles as much as possible, gently bend your body, head and stomach back.
- Lying on your back: prepare a pre-rolled towel, maximum thickness - 5 cm. Having taken the starting position, put it under the lower back. The torso, legs and arms should be pressed to the floor. This type of stretching is suitable for people with fragile abdominal muscles.
- Sitting: in the starting position, bring your hands together at the back of your head. Perform alternate tilts with a maximum delay in each direction. For proper execution, fix your back, arms and legs.
- Standing: Place your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your body and head back, fixing your hands on your hips: gently lower your hands down. Do not overdo it with the depth of the slope - this can lead to a violation of the spine. To reduce the load on the spine, keep the buttocks tense during the exercise.
Mistakes in training
There are a huge number of exercises to eliminate the sides. Some techniques, especially popular with women, often promise rapid weight loss and gaining fitness. Many diligently exercise, causing harm to health. Opt out of:
- alternate tilts to the sides with weights. Otherwise, you risk becoming the owner of a wide waist. This exercise should be performed by men.
- A hoop and a hula hoop are not recommended for girls by gynecologists for weight loss.
- Turns of the body with a neck from the bar are dubious exercises for the sides, lead to spinal injuries. They are performed most often by bodybuilders, and not by girls on the way to losing weight.
- Avoiding cardio. Do not neglect the warm-up - start with a run.
Diet for the stomach
Proper nutrition can save you from the fat layer in the flanks and normalize the digestion process. Eat small meals every 3 to 4 hours. Maintain the water balance in the body: drink purified and non-carbonated water at least 2 liters per day. Speaking about proper digestion and weight loss, you should stop drinking: alcohol, cigarettes, coffee. Often it is not possible to make a chiseled figure by absorbing: fried, fatty and sweet foods.
Proper nutrition is primarily a balanced set of products, which consists of proteins, fats and easily digestible carbohydrates. What remains? If you exercise daily and want to have a healthy body, add fiber-rich foods to your diet: cereals, vegetables, fruits.
Cook lean meat and fish for a couple - trace elements are not destroyed in this way, and the benefits of such cooking are maximum for digestion.
How to eat?
We offer you to try the menu of simple dishes:
- Breakfast: diet biscuit + boiled egg
- Lunch: potato, broccoli and carrot soup; cutting vegetables: cucumber, radish.
- Snack: fruit - at your discretion, but not more than 150 grams.
- Dinner: up to 100 grams of boiled or steamed beans, boiled fish - 150 grams.
Sagging sides don't look sexy at all. One desire to get rid of the hated fat layer is not enough. We have collected 5 rules, without which you can not do on the way to lose weight.
- Exercise regularly;
- Perform each exercise 20 times in several approaches;
- Increase the number of approaches gradually;
- Train slowly, concentrating on muscle contraction;
- Follow the diet recommendations for weight loss belly fat.