Can't lose weight
Many are trying to lose weight, but not everyone succeeds, despite restrictions on food and sports.
Why does this happen?
To understand why the weight does not go away, but remains in place, first analyze your daily diet and physical activity. Check whether you follow the diet.
There may be several reasons for this:
- Maybe you eat healthy, high-calorie foods every day? For example, avocado, grapes, banana, sweet fruits, nuts, cheese. Then there will be no benefit from the measures you have taken to lose weight;
- Or maybe you follow the diet all week, eat buckwheat, chicken breast, and on Sunday allow yourself to eat barbecue, dumplings, poses and drink carbonated drinks?
- The reason is that you cannot lose weight, there may be different diseases: gastrointestinal tract, thyroid gland, hormonal imbalance, nerve problems. See your doctor and it is possible that after treatment your weight will return to normal.
If you limit yourself in nutrition, and then allow yourself to eat whatever you want, then when you switch to regular food, extra pounds will appear even more.
I can't lose weight - what should I do? Tips
First of all, you need to set a clear goal for yourself. She must be:
- Measurable. You set yourself the task of reaching a specific weight by a specific period;
- Achievable. Those. you can reach the desired weight easily by the indicated date;
- Formulated positively. The goal must be meaningful, and you must have a desire to achieve it;
- There must be motivation to lose weight.
How not to overeat and start losing weight - 15 tricks
Losing weight is not necessarily a painful process with long workouts and exhausting diets.
With relative comfort, you can lose weight if you know some tricks. But you will have to adhere to them constantly, and not several times a year:
- Start changing your eating habits gradually and with a positive attitude.
- Eat small meals. Divide your usual portion in half, eat half, and let the other stand for about 20 minutes. After this time, it is quite possible that you will not even remember about it. The ideal serving should fit in the palms of the folded boat
- Eat from small plates. Reduced portions will not look too small in them.
- When buying, choose blue or white plates. These colors are considered inedible, so food in them will not seem overly appetizing.
- Eat slowly, savoring every bite. So saturation will come much earlier
- ⅔ or half of the daily diet should be vegetables and fruits
- If after a meal you crave sweets unbearably, it is better to eat a piece of chocolate or some honey than a bun.
- It's still a long way to lunch, but you want to eat - then drink some water
- Wear skinny jeans when visiting. So you won't be able to eat much
- Give up alcohol, it whets your appetite
- Drink a glass of water half an hour before meals. This way your stomach will be full and you will eat less.
- For the time of losing weight, give up sugary juices, carbonated drinks, drinking yogurt. Drink more water or herbal preparations
- Weigh yourself every day. This way you will know which foods are bad for your figure and which foods should be removed from your diet.
- Limit your salt intake. It retains fluid in the body, which can cause your weight to grow.
- Move more.
Why can't you lose weight
Only the correct balance can lead to the desired result.
It is necessary to observe the drinking regime, drink a sufficient amount of liquid per day, about 1. 5 - 2 liters.
Food should be taken 4 - 5 times a day in small portions. These are: breakfast, 2nd breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
It is not possible to lose weight, despite proper nutrition, also because the person does not have enough physical activity. You can be on a diet for months, but if you spend all day at the computer, then you will hardly be able to lose weight.
Why does not the weight go away
The main reasons for this are:
At every age, a person loses weight in different ways. In young people, the metabolism is faster. Until 30 - 35 years old, physical activity helps to burn fat well. Testosterone is responsible for the rate of fat metabolism, and after 40 - 45 years, its level in the blood begins to fall. Therefore, even if you spend a lot of time in the gym, the result is not great.
The older a person gets, the less effective quick ways to lose weight and the higher the effect of reducing the calorie intake of the diet.
Many, sitting on a diet, observe the main meals, do not eat junk food. But few people count how many cookies, seeds, nuts, sweets, sweet tea and coffee eats during the day. Because a colleague gave them a treat, but how to drink tea without anything? As a result, up to 500 extra calories enter the body during the day.
If you can't, so as not to chew on something, then stock up on low-calorie foods. Sweets can be replaced with dried apricots or prunes. Take carrots or kohlrabi cabbage with you to work.
Fats in meat and fatty dairy products contribute to weight gain. Therefore, choose lean or easily digestible meat of chicken, rabbit, turkey.
Changes in weight can be influenced by problems in the family, at work, lack of money. This includes cortisol, the "stress hormone" that increases the number of fat cells.
Cortisol is a regulator of carbohydrate metabolism in the body. Takes part in the development of stress reactions.
Many have a habit of seizing stress. Therefore, if you decide to lose weight, you need to put your nerves in order.
Melatonin, a sleep hormone, is also involved in fat metabolism. If you do not constantly get enough sleep, and get up in the morning broken and tired, then you will hardly be able to lose weight.
First of all, hormonal, which are used to treat the thyroid gland and female diseases. Sometimes, weight may not go down with antidepressants and some antibiotics.
The reasons that interfere with weight loss include the following:
- The habit of not having breakfast in the morning. The calories that the body receives in the morning, as a rule, all go into energy. And besides, having a good breakfast, you will eat less at lunch;
- Uncontrolled intake of weight loss products - teas, pills. This is discouraging. A person begins to eat more, reassuring himself that he is taking medicines for weight loss. And besides, there is a risk of metabolic malfunction, when, instead of losing weight, a person gains more weight. Therefore, if you decide to drink any means for losing weight, be sure to consult with a specialist.
What to do if you can't lose weight
Try to follow simple recommendations for a month, and you will be pleasantly surprised by the result:
Eliminate foods with a high glycemic index from your diet: sweets, starchy foods, boiled rice and vegetables (potatoes, beets, carrots), alcoholic beverages;
An excess of salt retains fluid in the body. And this causes swelling, increased blood pressure, and as a result - an increase in body weight.
Limit the use of canned foods, sausages, hard cheese.
During this month, it is beneficial to go on a 5-day protein diet. the body spends a lot of calories on the digestion of proteins.
- 1st day - kefir. You can drink up to 8 glasses of kefir;
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th day: 300 - 400 g of boiled meat, chicken or fish. Vegetables and greens - you can eat at least how many;
- 5th day: kefir - up to 8 glasses a day.
During the diet, salt should be excluded; lemon juice can be added to food. And don't forget to drink water.
A protein diet is effective for healthy people, but is contraindicated in diabetes mellitus, people with kidney disease, and gout.
Drink plain water instead of carbonated drinks.
Include foods that can help you lose weight in your diet:
- Contains vegetable fiber: broccoli, fresh cabbage and cucumbers, red bell pepper, black radish;
- Avocado. Eating 1 avocado daily for a month will reduce belly fat;
- It is recommended to drink ginger tea for weight loss;
- Chili pepper helps to improve metabolism.
It must be remembered that nutrition must be balanced and correct, and then you can lose weight without harming your health.
How to lose weight if you can't
In order to lose weight, you need to form a calorie deficit. This means that you need to spend more calories than you get. The point of any diet is to create maximum deficit. The greater the deficit, the faster the process of losing weight. But a large deficiency can lead to hormonal imbalance.
The calorie deficit in the long term should be small - 200 - 400 kcal per day. You can not lower the daily calorie intake below 1500 kcal.
With a slight calorie deficit and proper exercise, weight is lost at the expense of subcutaneous fat. The best option for losing weight: for 3 weeks you eat 200 - 400 kcal below your daily allowance, after that you eat your daily allowance for 3 weeks. It is very important not to exceed it. So you lose a couple of kilograms. Then we went on the second circle - deficit - retention. And so on until you get the desired weight. Optimal weight loss is 1. 5 - 3 kg per month.
5 tips to avoid weight gain
Every day and at every step, many temptations lie in wait for us. Few people will be able to resist the sight of a beautiful cake or an appetizing bun. And if an employee treats homemade pies at work? Having tasted all this yummy, we calmly sit down at the computer and continue to work. And fat is deposited on the stomach, sides, thighs.
How to avoid gaining extra pounds?
It is not at all necessary to give up food if you adhere to simple recommendations:
- Eat sweets, fruits, and any carbohydrates in the morning or after lunch. After eating, do not sit down at the desk right away, but go for a walk, do 10 squats. Carbohydrates will not be deposited, but immediately spent
- Limit your salt intake. The foods that we usually eat already contain a lot of salt: sausage, canned food, mayonnaise. It would be better to give up these products altogether. But at least do not salt food, use seasonings for this.
- To improve the taste, use mustard, horseradish. They promote better digestion and breakdown of fats. Drink tea with ginger, coffee with cinnamon. These spices speed up metabolism and prevent fat from accumulating in cells. And don't forget about hot peppers. Even a slightly peppery dish is absorbed faster.
- Try to climb stairs and walk more
- Don't skip meals. The body, even at rest, spends 1300 kcal to maintain life, in the hope that it will receive the required amount of energy on time. If you skip breakfast or lunch, this will become a warning for the body about the upcoming hunger, and it will spend 50 - 100 kcal less, switching to economy mode. After returning home, you will eat more, and the extra calories will go into fat stores.